Guidelines for Samskruti Art Competition
@ Puranava India Culture Fest on June 01, 2019 at Fowler Park, 4110 Carolene Way, Cumming GA 30040
AGE CATEGORIES (Age to be calculated as of April 1)
- Sub-Junior – Ages 5-8
- Junior – Ages 9-11
- Senior – Ages 12-18
- Participants should bring their own colors and supplies (unless otherwise specified below)
- Stencils, stickers, or mechanical tools are NOT allowed for any category
- Participants should draw from their imagination. They are not allowed bring any photo/picture/painting to reproduce.
MEDIA AND THEMES FOR EACH CATEGORY:
- Sub Junior – Ages 4 – 8 yrs – THEME: God’s Ride to Work “Animal/Bird that serve as Vaahanaas or Vehicles for our Gods”
Media => ANY MEDIA ON ANY MEDIA ON PAPER/WATERCOLOR PAPER. If participant does not bring media, regular white blank paper will be supplied, Bring your own colored pencils, markers, crayons, watercolor pencils or charcoal.
- Junior – Ages 9 – 12 yrs – THEME: Portrait of Bhakti “a one-person portrait of any Bhagavatha” or Any Hindu God or Natural Scenery related to Indian heritage (Examples: typical Indian village/temple ambience/Rath yatra/Utsavam scene) or Indian Freedom fighters/patriots
Media => ANY MEDIA ON CANVAS. Bring your own canvas and paints. Dimensions: 16” x 20”
- Senior – Ages 13-18 yrs – THEME: Scene/Story depiction from Ramayana/Mahabharatha/Bhagavatham (Must depict a complete scene or story with more than one character and 2-3 other components)
Media => ANY MEDIA ON PAPER. White blank paper will be supplied. Bring your own colored pencils, crayons, markers.
- All participants (regardless of age and specific media) will be given a time limit of 1.5 hours.
- Judging will take place after time limit.
Please email Puranava.firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Bala Sundaram @ (404) 316 9110 or Vijay Nenmeni @ (864) 320 4053 with any questions.
REGISTRATION AND CHECK-IN:
- ADVANCE ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NECESSARY TO GUARANTEE PARTICIPATION SPOT FOR ALL AGES
- On or before May 15th, 2019 – Early-bird registration fee: $10
- May 16th – May 31st, 2019 – Registration fee: $15
- WALK-IN REGISTRATION FEE (On June 01, 2019): $20 PER PARTICIPANT (If Slot is available)
- Check-in on the day of event is at 9 AM @Fowler Park
- A more specific schedule will be published on our website( www.puranava-usa.org ) about a week before the event