Guidelines for Puranava Heritage Vocabulary Bee Competition
@ Puranava India Culture Fest on June 01, 2019 at Fowler Park, 4110 Carolene Way, Cumming GA 30040
A Fun Competition to Learn Key Terms from Our Culture/Dharma.
AGE CATEGORIES (Age to be calculated as of April 1, 2019)
- Sub-Junior – Ages 5-8 yrs
- Junior – Ages 9-12 yrs
- Senior – Ages 13-18 yrs
Younger children can participate in a higher level if they wish to. They will be quizzed/judged at the level that they participate in.
COMPETITION FORMAT & GUIDELINES:
- A Study-List of words from Indian Culture/Heritage/Dharma along with their meanings is provided below:
- Please note:
- Study list for Sub-Junior participants is Sub-Junior words
- Study list for Junior participants includes Sub-Junior & Junior words
- Study list for Senior participants includes Sub-Junior, Junior & Senior words
- Study list is also available as Flash Cards on Quizlet –
- During the contest, participants will be given a word and asked for the meaning AND/OR given the meaning and asked to identify the word AND/OR asked to play different ‘games’ based on the words and their meanings. They will NOT be asked to spell the words or pronounce them correctly, etc.
- The competition will consist of two parts:
- Written test to identify finalists
- A verbal competition of finalists, which will be an on-stage event.
The top 8 contestants from the written test in each age-group will advance to the finals.
- Paper and pencils for written test will be provided by the organizers.
- Preparation package is available for download on this page.
Please email Puranava.firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Bala Sundaram @ (404) 316 9110 or Vijay Nenmeni @ (864) 320 4053 with any questions.
REGISTRATION AND CHECK-IN:
- ADVANCE ONLINE REGISTRATION IS HIGHLY ENCOURAGED
- On or before May 15th, 2019 – Early-bird registration fee: $10
- May 16th – May 31st, 2019 – Registration fee: $15
- WALK-IN REGISTRATION FEE (On June 01, 2019): $20 PER PARTICIPANT